With March Madness going strong, we thought we'd give you another chance to win big this month, Smokies style! Today, March 31, is your last chance to enter to win in our "2010 Starting Lineup Challenge," giving you the chance to take home $1,000. Talk about going green!
So this is what we're up to. We're giving you the chance to win $1,000 by correctly guessing which Smokies will be starting on Opening Night here at Smokies Park on Wednesday, April 14. You will only need to guess which nine players will be starting in the field (and which position in the field you think they will be starting at); you do not have to also guess where these nine players will be batting. If you can correctly guess which nine Smokies players will take the field on the 14th, we'll give you $1,000!
Now we know that our 2010 24-man roster won't be announced until this weekend. So a little research may be involved on your end to come up with the nine Smokies players you think will be starting on Opening Night. We'll do our best though to keep you posted on everything Spring Training via our Facebook , Twitter and MySpace pages, here on our Web site and via our team e-mail newsletter, so make sure you're staying connected with us!
Here are the contest rules:
1. You will get only one chance to submit your line-up, so make sure your entry is a good one.
2. If you submit multiple entries via our Facebook page, only the first entry submitted will be accepted.
3. Your entry must be submitted in the form of a wall posting on our Facebook wall page.
4. Your entry must list both the field position, and the first and last name of the player you think will be starting in that position on April 14 (i.e. "2B, First Name, Last Name")
5. Your entry must be submitted by Wednesday, March 31 at 11:59 p.m. All entries posted after this date will unfortunately be removed from our Facebook page.
6. In the event there are multiple winners, the first entry posted to our Facebook wall with the correct starting line-up will be declared the winner.
If there is a contest winner, he/she will be contacted by us via Facebook on Thursday, April 15. After we have contacted the winner, we will post these details to our Facebook wall shortly thereafter. In the event we do not have a winner, we will post those details to our Facebook wall.
NOTE: Employees (and their family members) of the Tennessee Smokies, Chicago Cubs, Minor League Baseball, Major League Baseball and any sports media outlet are not eligible to win the grand prize.
Should you have any questions, please contact us at (865) 286-2300. Good luck!